Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Youtube

Here is a great video produced for the University of Liverpool's Library. Library Ninja showed me this quite a few months ago when we were discussing just how badly promo videos, especially those for libraries, can be. I think some of the videos posted/ found by other people have highlighted how very well meaning, sweet hearted librarians all over the world can make us all look as daggy and dated as our stereotype suggests while trying to do the exact opposite. Case and point here. Oh dear.

HOWEVER! Here is a video which I think is really successful:




It's short, it's cute and original and best of all it gets the message across. And it's classy.

6 comments:

  1. love, love, love the video. You're so right cute and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! What a great find! Thanks for sharing!

    As you say, definitely classy and not cringe-worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the credit! Shows what a dedicated librarian you are, referencing where it's due :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the video very much. But having followed your link I'm thinking we should get a book trolley dance team together ... just for the exercise of course. I have big books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute video and I love how simply it gets the message accross.

    ReplyDelete